The Educational Opportunities Act created the School Tuition Organization (STO) Tax Credit Program in 2006. Here are the highlights:
- Low to lower-middle income families may receive a tuition grant from a School Tuition Organization (STO) to attend the accredited, nonpublic school of their choice
- Donors to the program receive a 75% state income tax credit, and can also claim a portion of their donation as a charitable contribution on their Federal income tax.
- Between 2006 and 2020. the STO Program distributed just under $186 million to students, allowing them to afford the school of their choice.
- Over 12,000 students receive grants every year
- See the STO Directory to contact an STO, apply for a grant or learn how to donate.
- See a helpful one page summary of how STO works here IowaACE_OnePager_STOs
Spend one minute and learn how an STO donation can benefit you, a student, and our state