JANUARY 2021 BRAUN RESEARCH POLLING RESULTS – IOWANS SUPPORT GIVING PARENTS CHOICE IN EDUCATION
- When provided the definition of Education Savings Accounts, 67% of registered voters surveyed are in favor of ESAs
- When asked their views on universal ESAs, 77% of current school parents support them
- Find a one-page summary here IowaACE_OnePager_K-12_School_Choice_Polling11
- Read the Survey Brief for Key Findings and details, and further Supporting Documentation below:
School choice is the opportunity for parents to choose the educational environment that they believe will most benefit their child, regardless of family income or address. School choice programs, such as the Iowa STO program and proposed Education Savings Accounts, remove the economic barriers that prevent parents from choosing the ideal educational option for their child’s needs. With school choice, students receive funding that allows them to choose their “best-fit” school.
What are the benefits of school choice? Studies regarding school choice demonstrate that:
- School choice programs contribute to better test scores for all students and higher graduation rates.
- Parents are more satisfied and involved with their children’s school.
- Taxpayers save millions of dollars.
- Public schools respond positively to competition.
You can find a wealth of information at the following sites: