The Educational Opportunities Act created the School Tuition Organization (STO) Tax Credit Program in 2006. Here are the highlights:
- Low to lower-middle income families may receive a tuition grant from a School Tuition Organization (STO) to attend the accredited, nonpublic school of their choice
- Donors to the program receive a 65% state income tax credit, and can also claim their donation as a charitable contribution on their Federal income tax.
- During the first 10 years of its existence, the STO Program has distributed over $98 million to students, allowing them to afford the school of their choice.
- Over 10,000 students receive grants every year
- See the STO Directory to contact an STO, apply for a grant or learn how to donate.