The Iowa School Choice coalition is proposing the creation of an Education Savings Account (ESA) in Iowa. Under this proposal:
- EVERY Iowa student is eligible to receive a grant equal to a portion of the state per-pupil funding.
- Students use that grant for educational expenses such as private school tuition, textbooks, tutoring, and online learning.
- ALL students would be eligible regardless of their income level.
- Any funds not used by graduation could be used for tuition at an Iowa college or university.
- This program would allow true, universal school choice and inject the positive force of market competition into the Iowa educational arena.