Education Next, a national journal on education reform, has released the results of its 2018 EdNextPoll.
Some highlights pertaining to school choice initiatives:
- Support for publicly-funded scholarships to private schools, also known as vouchers, increased from 45 percent last year to 54 percent this year. And 61 percent of parents support this policy, up from 52 percent last year.
- Support for tax credit scholarships to private schools increased from 55 percent to 57 percent of the general public. 62% of parents support tax credit programs like the STO.
- Support for charter schools increased from 39 percent to 44 percent.
- Opposition to vouchers has decreased 13 percentage points since 2016, from 44 percent to 31 percent today.
- Hispanic support for vouchers increased dramatically, from 49 percent support last year to 67 percent this year.
Read the entire poll HERE.