The Iowa Alliance for Choice in Education (Iowa ACE) was founded in 2005. Its mission is to promote the expansion of school choice for the benefit of Iowa’s children. Its members include parents, educators and nonpublic school administrators from around the state. Iowa ACE operates under the belief that the freedom to choose a “best-fit” school can be life-changing, and that it should be available to a greater number of Iowa families.
Iowa ACE exists to:
- Educate Iowans about the contributions and benefits that Iowa’s accredited nonpublic schools provide to local communities
- Educate Iowans about public policy decisions that affect accredited nonpublic school students, parents and schools
- Advocate for parental choice in education
- Mobilize the nonpublic school community through events such as Nonpublic Schools Day at the State Capitol
- Secure appropriate financial support for parents of accredited nonpublic school children through programs such as School Tuition Organization (STO) tuition grants.